Thursday, January 10, 2008

Home Sweet Home

9 of us made it home yesterday, and the remaining 5 are headed to Yemen to see and encourage friends there!!

While overseas, life seems to stand still, yet back home life has gone on. Tuesday evening we spent time reflecting on our trip and discussed how our lives have changed because of our trip. It was wonderful to hear how each person was affected by spending 8 days in Cairo. For most of us, we fell in love with the people and so wish we could spend more time with them and minister more to those in need. Sometimes in the scheme of things what we did on the trip seems small, but to God, I know what we did was huge. We were his hands and his feet, sharing his love with those who know him and those who don't. Matthew 25:35-40 says, "For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. Then the righteous will answer him, Lord when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you? The King will reply, I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me."

I am so thankful that I was able to be used by God to cause others to one day worship Him. For isn't that what life is all about?

Please continue to pray for the remaining 5 who will be in Yemen. They will be returning home to Tulsa on Monday.

Thank you also for praying for us, all of the team members were well and healthy in a matter of days because of your prayers!!

Liz

No comments: